Peaches are the fruit that started it all at Ham Orchards. They truly are the “Jewels of Summer” and are available Mondays-Saturdays from mid May through mid August. You won’t find a better quality peach than a Ham peach.
You can purchase Ham peaches at our farm market store in small and large bags. Half-bushel boxes are available when there is a surplus. All peaches sold in half bushel boxes come directly from the orchard, which means they have not been sorted.
We recommend that you remove peaches from the bag or box and spread them out as soon as you get home. When they become as soft as you like, put them in the refrigerator so the ripening process will stop.
Our peaches are hand picked with the utmost care to ensure the quality you expect from Ham Orchards. For this reason, we do not allow the public to pick their own peaches.
Ham Orchards Peach Information
- Ham Orchards consists of 5 orchards containing approximately 10,000 trees
- Over 30 varieties are harvested mid-May through mid-August
- Harvesting begins in May with cling varieties and continues through mid-August
- Freestone varieties become available around the end of June
- Several varieties of white peaches and nectarines are available periodically from early June through mid-August